Server side State Management : Database Support
This way of maintaining state is mainly used when we need to store large amounts of information, transactions data over the long period of time or required to preserved /survive the application and session restarts means data that persist over the multiple sessions. This type also provides us the security of state information as it is stored in database as there is a facility for security at web server also authentication & authorization mechanism is provided. As there are many security layers involved and we are storing into the database it is slower than any other state management options present. The data which is stored can be used afterwards as for Data mining.
Database support is used in conjunction with cookies or session state
1) Storage : No limit on how much data need to be stored.
2) Security : Access to DB is through Authentication &Authorization.
3) Data Persistency : Data is persistent for as much as time as we want.
4) Robustness and data integrity : Databases include various facilities for maintaining good data, including triggers and referential integrity, transactions, and so on. By keeping information about transactions in a database (rather than in session state, for example), you can recover from
errors more readily.
5) Accessibility : The data stored in your database is accessible to a wide variety of information-processing tools,Data is used for Data Mining purpose. Also there are many database tools are available with different configuration.
1) Complex Nature : As there are many security layers involved and we are storing into the database it is very much slower than any other state management options present.